Getting into Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) is the dream of every engineering aspirant in India. The IITs are established to provide world class education to Indian Students and to make them top Scientists and Engineers. Indian Institutes of Technology are the best institutes to study technology and science.
There are fifteen IITs at present, located in
ISM Dhanbad and
are also considered at par will IITs and have similar admission criteria.
The primary objectives behind such institutions are to
• Build a solid foundation of scientific and technical knowledge and thus to prepare competent and motivated engineers and scientists.
• Create environment for freedom of thought, cultivate vision, encourage growth, develop personality and self discipline for pursuit of excellence.
• Kindle entrepreneurial streak.
All of the above help to prepare the students admitted to these institutions for successful professional and social lives. Today, alumni of these institutions occupy key positions in industry and academia in India and abroad.
For more info about any of the IITs click on the IIT city mentioned above.
About NITs (National Institutes of Technology)
The National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are a group of premier Public engineering institutes of India. On their inception decades ago, all NITs were referred as Regional Engineering Colleges (RECs) and were governed by their respective state governments. NITs were founded to promote regional diversity and multi-cultural understanding in India. Comprising thirty autonomous institutes, they are located in one each major state/territory of India. In 2007,the Indian government declared these schools as Institute of National Importance.
NITs offer degree courses at bachelors, masters, and doctorate levels in various branches of engineering and technology. All NITs are autonomous which enables them to set up their own curriculum.
Admission to NITs was done by erstwhile All India Engineering Entrance Examination, now replaced by Joint Entrance Examination (Mains) conducted across India.
Under the new pattern the admission to NITs, and IITs, will be based on 40 % weightage for performance in Class XII board or other qualifying examinations marks (normalized) and the remaining 60 % weightage would be given to performance in JEE (Main) and a combined All India Rank (AIR) would be decided accordingly. The policy could also be adopted by other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) and participating Institutions.
For more info on JEE (Mains) and NITs
About Anna University
Anna University, Chennai
is a technological university based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It was established on 1 February 2007 by the splitting of Anna University into six universities, namely Anna University, Chennai; Anna University of Technology, Chennai; Anna University of Technology, Tiruchirappalli; Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore; Anna University of Technology, Tirunelveli and Anna University of Technology, Madurai.
Anna University Chennai comprises four colleges: College of Engineering, Guindy; Alagappa College of Technology; Madras Institute of Technology and the Anna University School of Architecture and Planning.
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) is conducted by the Anna University on behalf of the Tamil Nadu government to fill the Government quota seats in the government, government-aided and private engineering colleges.
A total of approx 2 lakh seats are offered by 552 engineering colleges spread across the State.
Being a common single window counselling conducted by the Anna University, more than 550 engineering college seats will be shared with the engineering aspirants based on their cut-off marks in the respective Board Exams. This counselling is purely based on merit and community.
The new change introduced this year is engineering aspirants need not have to wait for their Class XII mark sheets. They can apply for engineering admissions under Anna University with just a printout of their Class XII results obtained online.
For more details about Anna University